Join us for exciting 2016-2017 PTA events & activities, including Cashell Eats Out, Adult Fundraising Gala, Variety Show, Science Fair & more!
MCPS now requires all Volunteers and Contractors to take a mandatory training on Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect. You can access the online training here.
MCPS' Cashell Elementary School is a small and diverse National Blue Ribbon School. Our PTA works closely with our teachers, administrators, and community to make Cashell a fun, supportive, and enriched learning environment. Join us in making this year an even more fruitful one for our kids!
- This is our last week of school and Friday is an early release day!
- Check your email for class parties and volunteer opportunities.
- Dont't forget to check the lost & found "closet" in the school's entryway.
- Courtney Jones selected as the new Cashell Principal. Read her introduction letter here >>
- The PTA is sorry to lose Principal Scott. Read his letter to the Cashell community, with the selection process detailed in this letter by Dr. Sirgo (Director of School Improvement) A new principal will be named May 22nd.
- Committee and events leaders needed for the 2017 - 2018 school year: STEM After School Program, Staff Appreciation, Wednesday Folder Distribution, Cashell Gives Back (charity events/donation drives)
- Beginning in June, the lunch menu will be the Manager's Choice.
- Please check your email for details on the 5th Grade Moving On Ceremony.
- Please remember to send in your Box Tops and Labels every month. Cashell earns $.10 per Box Top and points for Labels.
- Our PTA General Meeting Minutes are available on our Documents page.
- Cashell switched its phone service provider and our new number is:
- To receive alerts and regular schedule changes, go to the MCPS emergency alert page.
- Click here for the proposed 2017 - 2018 school calendar.
Board & Committees
Thank you for visiting our PTA website. We hope you will frequent this space to stay current on events and activities, help raise funds, and participate in the planning and coordination of one or more of the amazing programs we offer our Cashell students year-round. It takes a village, so please join us and have your voice heard! Any level of participation is appreciated. Our newly elected (2017 - 2018) PTA Board members are:
- President: Elizabeth McAndrews-Benavides
- VP: Carrie Headen
- Treasurer: Kevin Wertlieb
- VP of Finance: Courtney Brinkman
- Secretary/Delegate: Christian Payne
Click Membership to join our PTA.
Mr. Scott's May 2017 PawPrint
Home School Connection - May 2017
Mr. Scott's February 2017 PawPrint
Mr. Scott's January 2017 PawPrint
Home School Connection - January 2017
Mr. Scott's October 2016 PawPrint
Home School Connection - October 2016
Mr. Scott's September 2016 PawPrint
Mr. Scott's August 2016 Welcome Letter
Mr. Scott's July, 2015 Welcome Letter
Mr. Scott's Introduction Presentation